An exhibition in Berlin, Germany will host award-winning industrial designer Werner Aisslinger’s Home of the Future. “The future doesn‘t lie in the invention of something new but rather in the reinvention of the old.” This up-cycling and tuning is the focus of product designer Werner Aisslinger.
The designer did not elaborate on the exterior of the house above, so following are my own thoughts…
My interpretation of this odd, yet colorful home, above: Perhaps old architecture could be wrapped in a high-technology wrap which would serve as moisture protection, insulation, UV protection, chemical warfare protection and hurricane protection while giving it new style and chromatic delights.
- Hotel to Heart: Hotel Michelberger in Berlin (30smagazine.wordpress.com)
- Studio Aisslinger transforms the façade of 19 Greek Street gallery, London (wallpaper.com)
- Précis :: READING TWO :: Week 7 (stuartdowie000designtheory.wordpress.com)
- How to Get Noticed as a Designer: Seven Tips from Influential Curators, Retailers and Creative Directors (core77.com)
- Why Michigan is a haven for industrial designers (mlive.com)