The mod, fun, 1961, mid-century modern…
ATLANTA MUNICIPAL AIRPORT ! ? !
All turquoise and white, folded concrete roof slabs, lots of curved ramps, inside and out, mosaic tiles…
… and glass window walls so you could watch the planes take off. The new $21 million terminal opened in 1961. It was the largest in the country and could handle over six million travelers a year; the first year nine and half million people passed through.
Even the Gulf service station sported folded concrete roof slabs… how futuristic!
And do you remember? A similar funky mid-century modern architecture gas station at Lenox Square?
- On the Books: Say Hi to the Vibrant Architecture of Palm Springs’ Glory Days (curbed.com)
- Mid-Century Modern Design, My North Star (sevensixteenblog.wordpress.com)
- Mid-century Modern wins gold (thelandscape.org)
- Mid Century Modern for your floor – In full colour (significantcolour.wordpress.com)
- Mid-century modern (bobbibooloranger.wordpress.com)
- Rove Concepts Makes a Big Mark with Mid-Century Modern Furniture in Vancouver (prweb.com)
- Palm Springs Modern Committee (PS ModCom) to Celebrate Achievement in Mid-Century Modern Architectural Preservation, Community Enrichment and Contemporary Design at its 9th Annual Awards Luncheon (prweb.com)
- Mid Century Modern Turntable Credenza (ericmilhouse.wordpress.com)
- The Mid-Century Modern Cabinet at OneKingsLane.com (sfluxe.com)
- Mid-century folding rope chair > $100 (relovehalifax.com)