The Soumaya Museum is currently being constructed in the Polanco area of Mexico City by Fernando Romero Architects. It will be the second museum opened by Carlos Slim, a Mexican business magnate. It is named after his late wife, and will house Slim’s collection of art by Auguste Rodin, considered the largest collection outside France.
The design acts as an overscaled sculpture in the cityscape, bringing new importance to a once industrial area of the city.
- Mogul and his masters (gametopwii.wordpress.com)
- The not too slim Slim (nathanion.wordpress.com)
- Busy Poblano Bee! (lachinapoblana.wordpress.com)
- 10 Stunning Museums in North America (mentalfloss.com)
- Mexico proposes sweeping social program changes (bigstory.ap.org)